My career as a graphic designer began when I decided to make my very first logo for my band 4 years ago, which was quite the learning experience. I didn't know what I was doing, but with the internet at my disposal and a clear idea in mind, I pulled it off and realized that I actually enjoyed the learning process. I was hooked instantly.
It's funny to think back on that time, because things are not really all that different now. I've worked various jobs designing both for print and for the web, and most recently I am employed as a UX designer, but all along the way I have been doing the same thing: learning as much as I can, as often as I can, to ensure that I will always be able to create real products that look and work as beautifully as they do in my head.
When I'm not designing, I am either playing guitar, writing, skateboarding, or watching movies.
MERCHANDISE DESIGNER / PERFORMER — ROCK PAPER GARY
SEPTEMBER 2015 — PRESENT
• Designed & purchased merchandise & advertising materials
• Managed official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
• Booked musical venues across United States & negotiated compensation
• Performed in front of live audiences at paid musical venues
LEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER — MAIN HILL MEDIA
AUGUST 2017 — APRIL 2018
• Created identity & full brand package in Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign
• Designed official website using WordPress
• Designed weekly social media posts for official Twitter & Instagram accounts
SPORTS DESIGNER — THE ARKANSAS TRAVELER
JANUARY 2018 — APRIL 2018
• Routinely curated articles, infographics & photographs in Adobe InDesign
• Created infographics using Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
• Created press badges for specific events using Adobe InDesign
UX DESIGNER — J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT, INC.
JUNE 2018 — PRESENT
• Built screens for mobile & web development in Adobe XD
• Worked with various departments to deliver technical solutions
through frequent communication, iteration, and articulation of design thinking
NIELSEN NORMAN GROUP UX CERTIFIED